Reopening Schools 2020-2021
NHCS will operate under Plan C for grades pre-K through 5 with remote learning for all through January 22, 2021. Grades 6-12 will continue to operate under Plan B AA/BB schedule. Grades pre-K through 5 will transition to Plan B AA/BB schedule on January 25, 2021.
Health data will be assessed on a continuous basis and updates will be posted as they become available at www.nhcs.net and on NHCS Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms.
NHCS families should verify PowerSchool contact information is current to receive Connect 5 phone, email, and text notifications from their schools and the district.
School Arrival Traffic Patterns
School Arrival Health Screening Procedures
College Park Elementary School Morning Entrance Procedures
ALL individuals entering College Park School must be screened prior to admittance inside. To accommodate these health and safety guidelines, the following procedures have been established:
- ALL students must have a completed the Parent Attestation form to enter the building on the first day of returning to school (found on the NHCS website and CP website)
- Car Riders: Parents dropping students off will go through the car drop off/ pick up line in front of the school as normal and wait in their vehicle with masks on to be screened prior to exiting the vehicle. Students will be screened at their vehicles and parents are asked not to depart until an acceptable temperature reading is provided. Please wait in the car with the window rolled down and a face mask on as a courtesy for our screeners. Once screened students will be permitted to exit the car. Car riders will enter the building through the cafeteria entrance and will proceed directly to their class. Any student whose temperature reading is 100.4 degrees fahrenheit or above will be returned to the vehicle to leave campus.
- Bus Riders: All buses will drop off students in the bus parking lot. One bus will unload at a time. Students on the bus will exit the bus one at a time practicing social distance to be screened and once all students have been screened from that bus, then all students will enter the building through the middle stairway area to pick up a bag breakfast and go directly to their classroom. Any student whose temperature reading is 100.4 degrees fahrenheit or above will be escorted to an isolation area where a parent or guardian will be notified for pick up as soon as possible.
- EC Bus Riders: All EC Buses will be dropping students off in the bus parking lot as normal. Staff members will assist students as they exit the bus and will screen students prior to entering the building. Any student whose temperature reading is 100.4 degrees fahrenheit or above will be escorted to an isolation area where a parent or guardian will be notified for pick up as soon as possible.
*NO VISITORS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING*
The school day for College Park School runs from 7:50am - 2:30pm Monday through Friday. Due to health and safety protocols, students will not be able to enter the building prior to 7:15 am each day. We ask that parents not drop students off before 7:15 am as students will not be able to enter the building and supervision will not be provided prior to 7:15 am.
It is imperative that your child is on time: Parents MUST walk their child to the main entrance and ring the doorbell and a staff member will screen the student before checking in. Additionally, NO visitors or volunteers will be allowed to enter the building. Thank you for your cooperation.
No lunch drop offs or visitors will be allowed this year. If your student forgets his/her lunch they may eat at no charge in the cafeteria.
All students will receive breakfast and lunch at no charge this school year. Students will eat breakfast in their class and on alternate days eat in the cafeteria.
How will bus students be screened?
Parents will complete an attestation form stating that they promise not to send their child to school if they are sick. When bus students arrive, all students will be screened. The screening includes a temperature check and the following questions:
- Do you have any of these symptoms - fever 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, diarrhea?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms?
- Have you had a positive COVID test within the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to quarantine or self-isolate because of COVID-19 infection?
How will car riders be screened?
Students will not be permitted to leave the car until their temperature is taken and the COVID-19 screener questions are answered.
- Bus Routes (2nd Semester)
- Process and Procedures
- Edulog Bus tracking
- Transportation Attestation form (English) (Spanish)
Building Social Distancing Features/Expectations
- Daily Arrival and Classroom routines procedures
- Cafeteria Procedures: